abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Codec/UtilityTest issue?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 03:03:44 GMT
I'm still kind of puzzled by this one.  UtilityTest in the server module
(tests for encoding utitlities) fails on a (Intel) Mac, but not on any
Linux system I've tried.   The results coming back from the EncodingUtil
aren't agreeing with the string literals in the test case.

Attached is a diff against
server/src/test/java/org/apache/abdera/test/server/UtilityTest.java that
replaces all the literals used as the test values with calls to the
relevant methods from the commons codec library.  I'm not sure whether
this is a good idea, although it lets the test pass =)