abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Vendor extensions
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:12:03 GMT
At the Atom publishing interop event this week I spoke with the folks at
Google about Abdera.  They expressed an interest in helping to get
additional support for GData extensions implemented and into the
project.  I would like to do the same for the extensions that Lotus
Connections is introducing.  These extensions rightfully do not belong
in the core jars.  What I would like to do is create a new Vendor module
that would contain extension code specific to individual vendor
implementations.  The build process would produce individual jars for
each vendor extension (e.g. abdera.vendor.google.0.3.0-incubating.jar,
abdera.vendor.lotus.0.3.0-incubating.jar, etc).  The vendor module would
 be completely optional for end users. We could even make it a separate
download from the core distribution zip.

Thoughts? Concerns?

- James