abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Re: Trunk not building 2007-03-21
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 03:58:47 GMT

On 21-Mar-07, at 10:42 PM, James M Snell wrote:

> I'm able to build trunk using Ant.  I don't use Maven. What is the
> error
> you are getting when building from Ant?
>
> - James

Hrm, it's going all Heisenberg on me. With a clean checkout of trunk
(r521108),

ant -f build/build.xml build

succeeds; running test target succeeds even though it shows massive
numbers of errors all over the place  (ant runs the <java> task
instead of <junit>?).  The problem there seems to be a hardcoded
reference to a data file with "g14n" in the path in

dependencies/i18n/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/i18n/iri/
Nameprep.java:83

I'm getting different, presumably unrelated, errors in a working copy
checked out some time ago on the same machine that I've been
updating.  I'll chalk that up to bad svn hygeine, though, since the
clean checkout appears to be working.

So, I think it's safe to disregard the initial claim about not being
able to build with ant (the issue with Nameprep though, apparently
remains); I'll look at ginning up a pom.xml for i18n.

cheers,

AC