abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Harris Boyce III" <harris.r.boyce....@gmail.com>
Subject FOM Design Question
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:23:18 GMT
All,

I have started working on implementing Abdera in .NET and another
contributor to the project asked the following question regarding the
design of the FOMDocument object:

"I haven't got my head around FOMDocument<Ielement>. There are only 4
types of document in Atom so why not create 4 concrete classes and also
why allow documents to be created on elements that are not of one of the
four types. IOW what is the benefit of being able to create a
FOMDocument based on IContent or IDateTime against the 'issue' of being
to create 'invalid' documents?"

I really couldn't come up with a good answer other that "because Java
Abdera does it that way".  Any insight on this topic would be great.

Thanks so much!

Regards,

Harris

Note: Project is currently located at http://code.google.com/p/abderadotnet