abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Axiom and Stax
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:03:43 GMT
FYI...

I've been doing some testing with Axiom 1.2 and a couple of Stax
implementations beyond the Woodstox and Stax Ref. Impl.  So far it looks
like we can move to Axiom 1.2 with little problem.  Some minor classpath
differences but not a lot.  I'll likely move the trunk up to 1.2 within
the next week or so.

The stax picture is not as rosy.  There is significant inconsistency
across Stax implementations.  Fortunately, I've been able to determine
that there is some special way of writing the code that will generally
allow stuff to function consistently across the various implementations.
 Unfortunately, I don't quite know all the magic incantations yet.  I'll
be working on this a bit over the next week so expect some checkins.

- James