abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <ugo....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abdera, commons-codec and Maven
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:44:37 GMT

On Dec 17, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Stephen Duncan wrote:

> And I think we should be able to satisfy your last request.
> Basically, when you just write the version in directly like we have,
> it's just a suggested version.  We should be able to write it as a
> version range.  Please try applying the attached patch, rerunning mvn
> install, and trying out your project again.

If I do that, it says:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) commons-codec:commons-codec:jar:RELEASE

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=commons-codec -
DartifactId=commons-codec \
           -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Path to dependency:
         1) org.apache.abdera:abdera-client:jar:0.3.0-incubating-
SNAPSHOT
         2) commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.0
         3) commons-codec:commons-codec:jar:RELEASE

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
   org.apache.abdera:abdera-client:jar:0.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

	Ugo