abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Thoughts for version 0.3.0
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:40:05 GMT
Hey all,

Now that 0.2.0 is out the door, here's what I'm thinking for 0.3.0

 * I'd like to separate out the IRI stuff into it's own project as was
   recently discussed.

 * I'd like to review the use of Axiom and decide once and for all
   whether or not we're going to keep it or ditch it.  If we keep it,
   we should update to the latest release.  If we ditch it, we need
   to come up with an alternative.

 * We need to figure out what's going on with the server code.  I
   haven't had the time to put significant effort into evolving it.
   One option (which I prefer) would be to separate the Server code out
   into its own project and put together a full APP server
   implementation.  I have some thoughts on how this could work and
   we may be able to leverage some work that was done with Lucene a
   while back.

 * Hopefully the APP spec will be finalized in the next month or so.
   We'll need to finalize the client support.

 * The HTTP caching support in the client needs to be thoroughly tested
   and finished (e.g. it currently does not support the Vary header).
   I'm sure there is room for significant improvement in the client
   module.

 * What else do we want to do?

- James