abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Axiom
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:07:18 GMT
> Calling release closes the underlying http connection as well as the
> InputStream.  Because of the incremental parsing model, we can only call
> release when we're done parsing the document.  Release also has the side
> effect of causing the http client to lose all of the headers returned
> with the response.

Perhaps it makes sense to have a "Just pull it all down and parse it"
mode that reads all the data from the request and parses it fully,
copying the headers into our own data structure, etc.  Then there
would be an alternative interface that allows you to avoid pulling all
of the data into memory.

-garrett