abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject IRI Implementation
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:52:07 GMT
All,

As part of the Abdera incubation project I've implemented support for
IRIs that includes unicode normalization, IDNA, punycode, etc.  This
code duplicates a subset of what is provided by ICU [1] in a much
smaller package.  The intention (tho not the current reality) has been
to make it so that if ICU was present, it's unicode and IDNA
implementation would be used instead.

In any case, I was wondering if there would be interest in separating
the Abdera IRI implementation out into it's own commons project so that
it can be available for more than just Abdera.  Use of IRIs is growing
and there are currently no other implementations available to Java
developers that do not depend on ICU.

- James

[1] http://icu.sourceforge.net/