abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <ugo....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Data APIs and chunked encoding
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:52:12 GMT

On Oct 5, 2006, at 6:31 PM, James M Snell wrote:

> The other way is to use the GoogleLoginAuthCredentials:
>
>  Client client = new CommonsClient();
>
>  GoogleLoginAuthCredentials credentials =
>    new GoogleLoginAuthCredentials(
>      "email", "password", "blogger");
>
>  client.addCredentials(
>    "http://beta.blogger.com",
>    null, null,
>    credentials);
>
> This will perform the GoogleLogin once and reuse the auth token for
> each
> request.

If I do this, it will invoke Google's ClientLogin service and get an
auth string. So far so good.

But on the subsequent request, it will not add the "Authorization"
header.

So I tried calling:

client.usePreemptiveAuthentication(true);

What happens then is that HttpClient's BasicScheme class gets the
credentials and tries to cast them to UsernamePasswordCredentials and
obviously fails.

What am I doing wrong?

	Ugo