abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r469180 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: core/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/factory/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/model/ examples/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/examples/extension/ examples/src/main/resources/META-INF/ ex
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:02:24 GMT
On 10/30/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> On 10/30/06, jmsnell@apache.org <jmsnell@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Revised Extension model that allows extensions to be developed based on a wrapper/delegation
model that
> > is decoupled from the underlying parsing infrastructure.
> >
> >  * Add ElementWrapper and ExtensibleElementWrapper to the model APIs
> >  * Modify ExtensionFactory to return an ElementWrapper for a given Element
> >  * Modify FOMBuilder and FOMFactory to use the new ExtensionFactoryMap
> >  * Modify the Feed Thread and OpenSearch extensions to use the new model
> >  * Add a new extension sample
>
> Nice work James!  A few comments:
>
> > +  void setElementWrapper(Element element, Element wrapper);
>
> Are we sure this should be part of the Factory interface?  It looks
> like every place it's used we've already cast to FOMFactory, so could
> it just live there?  I'm not sure if a new parser back end would keep
> track of element wrappers in the same way.
>
> > +public class InReplyToImpl
> > +  extends ElementWrapper
> > +  implements InReplyTo {
>
> Does it still make sense to have separate Impl classes and interfaces
> for the thread code?

Oh, and one more:

  @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  public Element newExtensionElement(
    QName qname,
    OMContainer parent,
    OMXMLParserWrapper parserWrapper) {
    Element element = (parserWrapper == null) ?
      new FOMExtensibleElement(qname, parent, this) :
      new FOMExtensibleElement(qname, parent, this, parserWrapper);
    //return factoriesMap.getElementWrapper(element);
      return element;
  }

Can that commented out line be removed?

-garrett