abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Parse Filters and Text Filters
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:57:36 GMT
The Parse Filter and Text Filter stuff currently in Abdera has never
quite been fully fleshed out.  The Parse Filter is primarily useful as a
means of filtering out parse events we don't care about in order to
reduce the memory footprint of a parse.  The Text Filter was intended to
provide a means of parse-time, policy based filtering of feed content.
I'm not aware of anyone actually using the Text Filter and it's
implementation leaves a lot to be desired performance wise.  I'd like to
pull the Text Filter stuff back out and simplify the Parse Filter even
further, including a simplification of the parser implementation so that
filtering is done using a Stax filter rather than if statements in the
FOMBuilder.  Doing so should result in a more streamlined impl.

- James