abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bidi
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:11:04 GMT
Robert can correct me if I'm wrong but I *believe* he is referring to
the following comment in BidiHelper:

 * There are still details being worked out on the Atom WG list and it's
 * likely that at least one other impl (mozilla) will do something
 * slightly different.

Given that he's stated publicly on the Atom WG list that he does not
intend to implement (or even read) the bidi stuff I've proposed and
given that he has mentioned on several occasions that he has already
started to implement "something" and hasn't bothered to share *any*
details of that impl other than a few vague statements on his personal
weblog, I can hardly see how he can possibly claim that the above
statement is inaccurate or dishonest (if that is indeed what he his
saying).

What he's implementing *will* likely be different than what I've
implemented; and given that this is still a topic that is being actively
discussed with no clear consensus on way or the other, it's perfectly
acceptable for different implementations to approach the problem from
different points of view.  What would be more constructive, however, is
if Robert would take a moment to share his thoughts on how the bidi
stuff should work.  I'd be more than willing to make sure that Abdera
does it that way if it makes any sense.

- James