abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bidi
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:54:10 GMT
Robert Sayre wrote:
> I find the algorithm implemented below naive and damaging. I guess the
> Abdera project knows something about the future direction of this WG
> that I don't.

The algorithm implemented is clearly marked as being temporary,
experimental, and was checked in as an extension that folks have to go
way out of their way to use.

If you have a solution in mind that would work better, please share.
Specifically, in your opinion, which part(s) of the algorithm is naive
and damaging?  The selection of the attribute? The inheritance model?
The values allowed? The embedding? Something else?

> This is hasty and myopic, not to mention rude. Please slow down. If
> you don't understand why you should slow down, do nothing.

Sorry, but I don't think I'm obligated to let you dictate the manner and
pace of my personal contributions, and I'm not about to slow down simply
because you asked me to.

- James