abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Adkins" <formofm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bidi
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:13:55 GMT
Robert,
Is there something keeping you from providing constructive solutions along
with your scathing criticism, or is this just your style?

Assuming your goal actually is actually to contribute to the effort, (WHICH
SEEMS TO BE A STRETCH IN YOUR FAVOR), how does waving red flags and
insulting people's honest efforts help?

Your attitude of alarm and your surly and flippant tone are at best a rather
ineffective way of getting any action taken regarding your fundamental
concern.

But then the only part of the conversation thread you are choosing to
continue  is the place where you can be "stylin your snark" rather than
producing an  effective technical contribution or improvement, or even a
discussion.

Asked for technical detail, asked for thoughtful alternatives, you answer
not at all--instead you choose to answer with more of the same -- empty
snark and insulting tone.

There are people who can make criticism both scathing and useful, and that
can be both entertaining and helpful.  But you aren't even making any effort
for usefulness, and in fact appear to be avoiding it, so your communication
ends up being just self-display.

Is this how you generally go about getting others to listen to your
thinking?
Perhaps you ought to rethink your own algorithm, whatever one is controlling
your communication behavior, as it looks to me to be naive, myopic, rude and
damaging.

What's up? Are you just having a bad day or are you really thinking this
sort of communication is going to get others to open up to your better
ideas?

Charles