abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <ugo....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thread safety, static variables, etc
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:04:26 GMT

On Aug 22, 2006, at 9:58 PM, James M Snell wrote:

> As Garrett has pointed out, the current approach to handling the
> Abdera
> configuration model has a number of important thread safety and class
> loader issues that had largely been ignored in the initial drop of the
> code.  After talking with Garrett a bit, we both feel that now
> might be
> the best time to address those issues, before we get much further down
> the road.

I think I am being bitten by concurrency issues when using 0.1.0. Are
they supposedly fixed in trunk? In case they are, I could produce a
suite of tests that fail against 0.1.0 and run them against trunk to
see if they succeed.

What I am asking is whether there are any tests already for this, so
I can see if my cases are already covered by those. If this is not
the case, I might add my tests to the current suite.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Blog: http://agylen.com/