abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r449509 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: client/pom.xml core/pom.xml dependencies/json/pom.xml examples/pom.xml extensions/pom.xml parser/pom.xml pom.xml protocol/pom.xml security/pom.xml server/pom.xml
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:21:23 GMT
On 9/24/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> On 9/24/06, Stephen Duncan <stephen.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't see any harm in them at least staying correct for the trunk;
> > no maintenance to keep that true.
>
> Except that they're incorrect on every non-trunk branch or tag unless
> we update them every time we branch/tag.  That seems bad to me.
>
> -garrett

Being incorrect seems no worse than not being there.  And being
correct on trunk has some benefits.  Even though we do not use the
Maven site as the Abdera website, creating the Maven site locally to
use for seeing code reports, including, potentially, the changelog
report that reports on file-activity, dev-activity, and a general
changelog, is still useful.

Ideally we'd only be changing it in one place: the parent pom.
However, that apparently would require the modules folder-names to
match their artifactId, i.e. java/trunk/core -> java/trunk/abdera-core

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com