abdera-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: IRI Code
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:50:37 GMT
On 9/29/06, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok all, for those not monitoring the SVN commits, I just checked in a
> large update that replaces our use of java.net.URI with the new IRI
> implementation.  This is an extensive change that needs to be well
> tested.  All of the existing test cases pass* and new test cases
> covering the new IRI/IDNA/Unicode support have been added to the core
> test suite.
>
> I would like to ask anyone and everyone to please grab the latest from
> SVN and test like crazy.  I know for sure that we'll need to go in and
> work on optimizing the IRI implementation -- that is, it's works but can
> most definitely be improved.
>
> Just a recap: the new IRI support gives us full support for
> internationalized resource identifiers and internationalized domain
> names.  It does automatic conversion to and from US-ASCII, groks Unicode
>  normalization and implements the Punycode standard. And it seems to
> actually work properly :-)

FWIW, I'm seeing two test failures in the IRI code's tests.
Everything else tests cleanly (other than the hanging client stuff,
which I've got commented out).

     [echo] Running Core Tests...
     [java] .........F.......F.....
     [java] Time: 0.86
     [java] There were 2 failures:
     [java] 1) testURItoIRI2(org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI)junit.framework.ComparisonFailure:
expected:<...> but was:<...%FCrst>
     [java]     at
org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI.testURItoIRI2(TestIRI.java:56)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java]     at
org.apache.abdera.test.core.TestSuite.main(TestSuite.java:30)
[java] 2) testMixedEncodings(org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI)junit.framework.ComparisonFailure:
expected:<...�sum�...> but was:<...%E9sum%E9...>
     [java]     at
org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI.testMixedEncodings(TestIRI.java:122)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java]     at org.apache.abdera.test.core.TestSuite.main(TestSuite.java:30)


> * Btw, I will be looking at the client test cases that are causing our
> build process to hang this weekend

Thanks, I've been meaning to get around to that...

-garrett
Mime
View raw message