abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Donate Code?
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:13:09 GMT
On 9/23/06, Bill Brown <wbrown@colorfulsoftware.com> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I have the basic makings of an Atom 1.0 pure java implementation at my
> site http://colorfulsoftware.com/projects/atomsphere.  I don't know how
> stable the abdera codebase is but I want to offer my source code for
> help making this project more stable.  It uses the stax api.  After
> browsing the incubator site it looks like there is already more
> functionality in abdera than atomsphere.  Are there any development
> areas of this project that still need help?

There are always areas that need help ;-)

Off the top of my head, we always need more tests (and fixes for
whatever bugs are found when writing tests), the server code is in
heavy development, and the client code is very new and could probably
use some attention.  Perhaps most importantly we need people to use
Abdera in applications and tell us what's wrong with the APIs, what's
inconvenient to use, what's not possible, what's poorly documented.
Then we need patches to fix those problems ;-)

-garrett