abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r449509 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: client/pom.xml core/pom.xml dependencies/json/pom.xml examples/pom.xml extensions/pom.xml parser/pom.xml pom.xml protocol/pom.xml security/pom.xml server/pom.xml
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:57:19 GMT
On 9/24/06, Stephen Duncan <stephen.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I honestly don't know what people generally do when they branch or
> tag.  I'll look around.  I imagine that yes, they should be updated
> for each tag or branch.
>
> They are used: to display in the maven generated site for instructions
> on checking out, for maven changelog reports, for interacting with svn
> via mvn (not sure why you'd want to), and for the maven release plugin
> (helps automate tagging, version number updating, etc. for a release -
> I haven't used it yet)

If all these are used for is stuff we don't actually use (we don't
generate a web site, we don't use maven for releases, etc) and they
add overhead by requiring us to tweak a whole lot more stuff every
time we release (on top of the ridiculous amount of stuff maven
already seems to require us to tweak for every version change) I'd
suggest just not having it.

-garrett