abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Status of trunk and maven repository
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:17:30 GMT
On 9/20/06, Hugo Duncan <hugo_duncan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:53:10 -0400, Garrett Rooney
> <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
>
> > Nope.  It's really going to require someone who, well, actually cares
> > about maven support to push this.  Right now nobody seems to be doing
> > it.
>
> OK.  Does this comment apply to just the repository, or also to the build?

The maven build seems fine, it's just that nobody has taken up the
"get stuff into the repository" issue.

> > More details would be interesting.
>
> FOMTest is failing, with jaxen complaining that it can find neither the
> count nor the concat functions.  I don't have great familiarity with
> XPath, but this would seem to be more of an XPath implementation issue
> than an abdera issue, unless abdera uses these functions internally
> somewhere.

Yeah, I think that's the "not-quite-portable-xpath" stuff, although
James can likely say for sure.

> For the FeedValidatorTest, I have attached the surefire output.  The
> testSection4275LinkTitleWithBadchars fails.

Uhh, all you included was output that said there was no failures...

> Commenting the failing tests leads to compile errors in EncodingUtil.java
> in protocol.  Looks like a missing dependency for commons-codec.

Interesting.  Got a patch to add the appropriate dependency?

-garrett