abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Status of trunk and maven repository
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:53:10 GMT
On 9/20/06, Hugo Duncan <hugo_duncan@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I notice that the snapshots have disappeared from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository, and I see some
> comments regarding a broader discussion of maven repositories at apache.
> Any update?

Nope.  It's really going to require someone who, well, actually cares
about maven support to push this.  Right now nobody seems to be doing
it.

> In the meantime I thought I would just compile the trunk using maven, but
> this seems to give me test errors (in FOMTest and FeedValidatorTest),
> which don't all seem to be trivial.  Is it safe to ignore these failures?

What failures are you seeing?  Right now I see one in FOMTest which
appears to be about a missing xpath function or something.  I seem to
recall some commit a while back about some non-portable xpath stuff,
perhaps we're testing something that only works in certain
implementations.  If so, that's a buggy test IMO.  I'm also getting a
hang in the client tests (line 407 in AppTest.java, doing a post of a
media entry), and a couple other tests in there appear to be failing.
Haven't had time to investigate further.

I'd say that the first test failure (FOMTest) is safe to ignore.  The
client ones seem kind of worrying, but if you're not using the client
code no real worries there.  You said something about a
FeedValidatorTest failure, but I don't see that here.  More details
would be interesting.

-garrett