abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: download abdera from maven repo
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:38:14 GMT
On 9/15/06, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am not sure if anyone has already considered uploading/downloading Abdera
> from a Maven repo, but it seems to me one would have to rename the libs,
> e.g.
>
> abdera.core-0.1.0-incubating.retro.jar
>
> instead
>
> abdera.core.0.1.0-incubating.retro.jar
>
> otherwise Maven has issues downloading it from
>
> abdera.core/0.1.0-incubating.retro/abdera.core.0.1.0-incubating.retro.jar
>
> because Maven tries to put a dash in between the name and the version.
>
> WDYT?

I'm totally in favor of naming our jar files such that they can be
successfully used by maven.  Got a patch for build.xml?

As for uploading them to a maven repository, I was sort of hoping that
the "what incubator projects should do about maven repositories" thing
would work itself out on general@incubator, and then we could just do
whatever the "done thing" is, but that seems to have stalled, or if it
was resolved I didn't notice it...

-garrett