abdera-dev mailing list archives

From froggy000 <chris.rich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AbderaServle Usage?
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 05:19:09 GMT

I'm working with what's in the trunk now and have made some progress getting
everything compiled and deployed to Tomcat. I worked around a few issues:

1. AbderaConfiguration could not be initialized with anything but a
ResourceBundle and was tied to the ResourceBundle internally, so I'm using a
HashMap of KVPs now and pass in the KVPs from the servlet init params.

2. In ServiceUtil.java, there looks to be a problem with the following code:

  private static Object checkAbderaConfiguration(String id, Abdera abdera) {
    String s = abdera.getConfiguration().getConfigurationOption(id);
    return (s != null) ? locateInstance(getClassLoader(), id, abdera) :
null;
  }

the last line should pass in 's' rather than 'id' I think.

However, even after making these change, it's apparent that this is more a
stub than a APP server that will work "out of the box". Could you give me an
overview of what needs to be done to get a functioning server up and
running? I'm not expecting step-by-step instructions but a little guidance
would be very useful.