abdera-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRI Code
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:59:33 GMT
Out of curiosity, are you testing on Windows or Linux?

I'm not seeing these problems at all.  I'm running them in Eclipse and
via Ant. (on Linux).

- James

Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 9/29/06, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok all, for those not monitoring the SVN commits, I just checked in a
>> large update that replaces our use of java.net.URI with the new IRI
>> implementation.  This is an extensive change that needs to be well
>> tested.  All of the existing test cases pass* and new test cases
>> covering the new IRI/IDNA/Unicode support have been added to the core
>> test suite.
>>
>> I would like to ask anyone and everyone to please grab the latest from
>> SVN and test like crazy.  I know for sure that we'll need to go in and
>> work on optimizing the IRI implementation -- that is, it's works but can
>> most definitely be improved.
>>
>> Just a recap: the new IRI support gives us full support for
>> internationalized resource identifiers and internationalized domain
>> names.  It does automatic conversion to and from US-ASCII, groks Unicode
>>  normalization and implements the Punycode standard. And it seems to
>> actually work properly :-)
> 
> FWIW, I'm seeing two test failures in the IRI code's tests.
> Everything else tests cleanly (other than the hanging client stuff,
> which I've got commented out).
> 
>     [echo] Running Core Tests...
>     [java] .........F.......F.....
>     [java] Time: 0.86
>     [java] There were 2 failures:
>     [java] 1)
> testURItoIRI2(org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI)junit.framework.ComparisonFailure:
> 
> expected:<...> but was:<...%FCrst>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI.testURItoIRI2(TestIRI.java:56)
>     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.abdera.test.core.TestSuite.main(TestSuite.java:30)
> [java] 2)
> testMixedEncodings(org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI)junit.framework.ComparisonFailure:
> 
> expected:<...�sum�...> but was:<...%E9sum%E9...>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.abdera.test.iri.TestIRI.testMixedEncodings(TestIRI.java:122)
>     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.abdera.test.core.TestSuite.main(TestSuite.java:30)
> 
> 
>> * Btw, I will be looking at the client test cases that are causing our
>> build process to hang this weekend
> 
> Thanks, I've been meaning to get around to that...
> 
> -garrett

Mime
View raw message