abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject IRI Code
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:41:04 GMT
Ok all, for those not monitoring the SVN commits, I just checked in a
large update that replaces our use of java.net.URI with the new IRI
implementation.  This is an extensive change that needs to be well
tested.  All of the existing test cases pass* and new test cases
covering the new IRI/IDNA/Unicode support have been added to the core
test suite.

I would like to ask anyone and everyone to please grab the latest from
SVN and test like crazy.  I know for sure that we'll need to go in and
work on optimizing the IRI implementation -- that is, it's works but can
most definitely be improved.

Just a recap: the new IRI support gives us full support for
internationalized resource identifiers and internationalized domain
names.  It does automatic conversion to and from US-ASCII, groks Unicode
 normalization and implements the Punycode standard. And it seems to
actually work properly :-)

- James

* Btw, I will be looking at the client test cases that are causing our
build process to hang this weekend