abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Duncan <hugo_dun...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Status of trunk and maven repository
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:29:38 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> testSection4275LinkTitleWithBadchars(org.apache.abdera.test.parser.stax.FeedValidatorTest)
>>>
>>> Time elapsed: 0.125 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>>> junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<This is a [£?test.?]> but
>>> was:<This is a [£Â"test.Â"]>
>>>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:81)
>>>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:87)
>>>         at

org.apache.abdera.test.parser.stax.FeedValidatorTest.testSection4275LinkTitleWithBadchars(FeedValidatorTest.java:3017)

>> Interesting.  Not sure we would cause it though, that test runs fine
>> here.
>>

> Here as well.

It seems this is a problem with the default encoding used by java.

adding "<encoding>utf-8</encoding>" to the configuration of the
maven-compiler-plugin in the top level pom corrects this for me.  I
suppose that on my platform (windows XP) the default encoding is something
else.