abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Testing HTTP Caching (Was Re: svn commit: r429422)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:54:42 GMT
On 8/7/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> FWIW, I'd like to see us bundle a minimal web server (Jetty?) and have
> our tests just automatically set it up prior to execution.  It seems
> considerably less error prone than expecting someone to set up a
> server.

Here's a patch that switches over to using Jetty for the server side.
I'm not committing it yet because I don't know for sure what the
server side of the caching tests is supposed to do (is the code
available anywhere?), and it needs to be cleaned up a bit (shouldn't
hardcode the port it runs on, for example).

-garrett

[[[
Use an embedded jetty server for the caching tests.

* build/build.xml: Build test client tests, download the jars needed for
  jetty.

* dependencies/deps.properties: Add jetty related jars.

[ in client/src/test/java/org/apache/abdera/test/client/cache ]

* CacheTests.java
  Add a bunch of imports.
  (CHECK_CACHE_INVALIDATE): Point to localhost.
  (server): New static variable.
  (setUp): Initialize server.
  (Servlet): A servlet that implements the server side of the tests.
]]]