abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Misc comments
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:30:05 GMT

Danny Ayers wrote:
> [snip]
> What I had in mind was e.g. crop(5) would remove all but the 5 most
> recent entries (by atom:updated). I've no idea of what would be the
> best idiom(s) for this kind of thing, but restricting the size somehow
> was something I needed right away.

I'm not certain if enforcing size limits within the Abdera impl makes
sense, however, cropping the feed either to a certain size does make sense.

  Feed.trim(n) ==> Trim the n oldest entries from the feed
  Feed.crop(n) ==> Trim all but the n most recent entries

Would you be interested in submitting a patch?

- James