abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: FYI, client code
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:32:57 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
>> On 8/3/06, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just a heads up... Next week I'll be checking in a new module that
>>> provides an APP client API.  Right now, the module is a fairly thin
>>> wrapper on top of the commons http client, but adds a client-side HTTP
>>> cache and easier support for conditional operations.
>> Any reason you haven't been developing this in the tree, as opposed to
>> dropping a mostly completed module on us?  Seeing the development of
>> such things is useful, as it's often easier to digest code
>> incrementally as opposed to having to start from the completed
>> version...
>>

> Mainly because the code is currently embarrassingly sloppy and I really
> just started working on it in earnest yesterday morning.

FWIW, I believe it is best for embarrassingly sloppy code to go into a
svn branch for the new module/feature, rather than it just getting
plopped down when its 'done'.

Yes, before it is merged to trunk, it will need more code review, but it
allows others to be involved in the earlier design of the module, which
generally results in something better at the end.

-Paul