abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject JSON Dependency
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:17:25 GMT
I guess this is especially a question for Elias, as you did the
discussions with the JSON folks.

JSON was brought in a source-dependency.  Are their plans to modify
it, or is it intended to be a final version?  Right now the Ant build
puts it into a json.jar file that indicates no version.

If it's intended to be a fixed version, it seems to me it would be
better to get the approval of the JSON guys and do an official build
of the Apache licensed verison, and request for it to be uploaded to
the Maven repository.  Then we could just download it like the rest of
the dependencies.  If we go that route, it would need a groupId, an
artifactId, and a version.  I would assume those values should be
groupId=org.json, artifactId=json-asl, and version=?  The version part
I'm not sure if it should be 1.0, or 2.0 (I see a lot of @version 2
tags in the code...)

If it's not desirable to publish it under json, we could publish it
with an org.apache.abdera groupId, and some artifactId.  If we're
going to be modifying it, then I think we should version it just like
the rest of the modules, & do that in both the Ant & Maven builds.

Thoughts?  I need a "right" answer in order to make a patch to fix the
Maven build.  If you think there's a "good-enough-right-now" approach
I should take, let me know that too.

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com