abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422036 [1/2] - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk/extensions/src/main: java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/ java/org/json/ resources/META-INF/services/
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:56:43 GMT
On 7/14/06, eliast@apache.org <eliast@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: eliast
> Date: Fri Jul 14 13:44:50 2006
> New Revision: 422036

> Log:
> Added an Atom JSON writer and included some code from JSON.org that was
> made available to us via the Apache License by Douglas Crockford.

First off, any time you see yourself making several commits right in
succession that all have the same log message, you should probably be
thinking about why they weren't done in one commit ;-)

Second, wouldn't it be more consistent to put the source to the JSON
classes in the dependencies directory?  I'm not overly fond of having
source that we didn't generate and that's outside the org.apache.*
namespace in the extensions/ subdirectory, keeping it in dependencies
should help to remind people that this is code that was not produced
by the project and that needs to be treated somewhat specially (i.e.
if we someday need to update to a new version of the Apache License we
can't just update those files to them, they're under a specific
version and we have no right to change that...).

This would probably require some build glue to correctly create a
separate dependency jar, etc, but I think it's a worthwhile thing to
hold the release for.

Thoughts?

-garrett