abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r421809 [1/2] - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: core/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/model/ examples/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/examples/appclient/ examples/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/examples/simple/ extensions/src/main/ja
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:18:48 GMT
On 7/14/06, jmsnell@apache.org <jmsnell@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jmsnell
> Date: Thu Jul 13 22:26:38 2006
> New Revision: 421809

> Log:
> This is a big update. Many of the model interfaces have been simplified.
> For instance, all of the model interface methods with URI input
> parameters have been removed in favor of their String counterparts (e.g.
> instead of having both a Author.setUri(URI) and Author.setUri(String),
> it's now just Author.setUri(String).  Lots of other methods have been
> removed.

This seems great to me, simplification good!

> This change also introduces FOMList, a java.util.List impl based on an
> internal iterator that is incrementally consumed as the list is used.
> This allows us to more efficiently consume the underlying parser without
> sacrificing the benefits of using java.util.List versus
> java.util.Iterator.

This is also fantastic, an elegant solution to the problem.  One thing
I would have liked to see would be this part of the change being
committed separately from the rest.  It's really unrelated to the
other simplifications, and having it mingled in with them just makes
it more difficult to review.

> A number of other improvements and simplifications have been made to the
> parser implementation.  More work is likely necessary but this is, at
> least, a step in the right direction.

Can you be more specific about what kind of improvements and
simplficiations?  This is kind of vague.

-garrett