abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Async Parsing?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:23:59 GMT
Seeing the AsyncWeb proposal on the incubator general list today made
me think about async parsing in Abdera.  It looks, at the moment, like
we don't currently provide a way to incrementally parse documents, you
just hand a stream to the parser and let it go.  Is there any interest
in providing an API where you push data into the parser?  It doesn't
look like our current Axiom based implementation could support that,
but I suppose someone who was sufficiently motivated could implement
another back end.

Anyway, I have no use for something that could do that right now, but
I figured I'd toss the idea against the wall and see if it sounds like
fun to someone.

-garrett