abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422036 [1/2] - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk/extensions/src/main: java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/ java/org/json/ resources/META-INF/services/
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:13:52 GMT

Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 7/14/06, eliast@apache.org <eliast@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: eliast
>> Date: Fri Jul 14 13:44:50 2006
>> New Revision: 422036

>> Log:
>> Added an Atom JSON writer and included some code from JSON.org that was
>> made available to us via the Apache License by Douglas Crockford.
>
> First off, any time you see yourself making several commits right in
> succession that all have the same log message, you should probably be
> thinking about why they weren't done in one commit ;-)

You think that by now after all the emails to James on this I would have
figured it out. It's an Subclipse idiosyncrasy that gives me the
illusion that I already called Add to Repo but I didn't. Last time I
promise.

> Second, wouldn't it be more consistent to put the source to the JSON
> classes in the dependencies directory?  I'm not overly fond of having
> source that we didn't generate and that's outside the org.apache.*
> namespace in the extensions/ subdirectory, keeping it in dependencies
> should help to remind people that this is code that was not produced
> by the project and that needs to be treated somewhat specially (i.e.
> if we someday need to update to a new version of the Apache License we
> can't just update those files to them, they're under a specific
> version and we have no right to change that...).
>
> This would probably require some build glue to correctly create a
> separate dependency jar, etc, but I think it's a worthwhile thing to
> hold the release for.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -garrett

I totally agree so I have moved the code around, but I need help with
the glue code ;) hint, hint.

-Elias