abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject API simplifications
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:29:33 GMT
I'm working on a number of API simplifications.  Specifically,
eliminating the StringElement and ExtensionElement interfaces.

I have moved the ExtensionElement.getQName() method to Element.
I have moved the StringElement.getValue()/setValue() methods to Element
and renamed them to getText()/setText()

This means that things like Generator.getValue() is now Generator.getText()

It also means that for Content and Text (when type is XHTML or XML) we
now have the option of retrieving the text content stripped of any
markup.  Content.getText() returns just the text, with no markup.
Content.getValue() returns the text with markup.

This change eliminates four classes that, strictly speaking, were not
necessary and served only to make the API a bit more complicated.

If there are no objections, I'll check in the change.

- James