abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Yates <robyate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Atom Data Model and Testing
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:33:33 GMT
joe kim wrote:

> These performance metrics are most likely a result of JDOM vs.
> Axiom/StAX and not due to the model being separated from the parsing.
> Do you happen to know what tool Rob used to determine CPU
> instructions?  I would imagine it would vary due to the nature of JIT.

I used an internal tool that we call "Arcflow".  I believe some
variation of it may be in the rational software portfolio but I am not
sure. For performing the measurements we actually turn the JIT off,
otherwise the results get diluted by compile steps, and while I agree
that this may scew the results a little, it provides for a very fair
comparison.

Rob