abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XHTML Content
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:00:49 GMT
Come on now, play nice.  I'm trying to make a tortured reading; I'm
attempting to make the most clear reading from the text.  The HTML
section says "that markup" right after referring to the DIV that it
could validly appear within.  I'm sorry, but the clearest reading of
that means that you're referring to the div.  But it's ambiguous.

On rereading, however, I realize that the XHTML section simply says
"the markup" (I'd previously skimmed and I guess assumed it said
"that" like the HTML section does), and therefore means exactly as you
said.  And again, on the parallel tex theory, based on this I'd revise
my guess at the meaning of the HTML seciton to mean the HTML markup.

I was agreeing with you in the first place regarding the validity of
including the DIV as content, so I was certainly not trying to subvert
the meaning.  Like it or not, the mismatched language in the two
sections means that it's not clear; there was no tortured reading,
only a genuine effort to understand the text.

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com