abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tabs versus Spaces (was Re: svn commit: r415780 - /incubator/abdera/java/trunk/server/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/server/servlet/ServletRequestContext.java)
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:31:31 GMT
Just to throw my two cents in, I think that using spaces for
indentation is evil, and tabs should be used.

But I also recognize that my opinion is the less standard one.  If
spaces must be used, I do think it's best to standardize on 4 spaces
for an indentaion.  This is, in my experience, by far the most common
way to standardize.  If we go with 4 spaces, we'll be much more likely
to get patches that actually comply...

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr