abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build options
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:54:05 GMT
The Maven build works as far as I can tell  From the java/trunk
directory, you can run "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install" and
the core, parser, security, & examples modules will be built.  There
is no Maven build for the server module.

An alternate way to create the Maven projects (and one that will work
with the security module), is to check out the main project (at least
java/trunk), and from java/trunk run "mvn eclipse:eclipse".  Then
import each project.  If you have the SVN checkout as a project in
Maven, you'll need an Eclipse 3.2 to import these projects without an
error regarding "overlapping projects'.  The alternative is to run
"mvn -Declipse.workspace=/path/to/workspace eclipse:eclipse", which
will set up a project where the source files are linked to the actual
location.

In either case, you'll also need to have a buid path variable for
"M2_REPO" defined to match your local repository (~/.m2/repository).
You can do this manually, or by running "mvn
-Declipse.workspace=<path-to-eclipse-workspace>
eclipse:add-maven-repo"

See the guide on using Eclipse & Maven:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html

I'll start another thread to discuss the unit testing failures when using Maven.

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com