abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Goals for initial release (was Re: release schedule)
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:19:22 GMT
> I'd say the goals for M1 are pretty simple...

> produce a stable, reasonably functional impl for folks to start working
> with.  Where "reasonbly functional" means it implements the RFC4287 with
> no obvious gaps.

That makes sense to me, although one question to think about here is
how stable the parser/object model API will be at this point.

> Complete Atom Publishing support would not be a goal for M1.

Agreed, that seems reasonable to hold off for subsequent milestones.

> Having Java5 and JDK142 support would be a goal.

I'm less concerned with this personally, but if someone wants to pick
up the work, that's fine with me.

> Decent docs and samples would be a goal.

Agreed.

> As would self-contained test case (no reliance on externally hosted
> resources).

Agreed.

Also, can we find something other than "M1" to call this?  I'm not a
huge fan of the practice of using a series of "milestone" releases
leading up to 1.0, it implies that there aren't any milestone releases
after 1.0.  How about just calling this a 0.1.0 release?

-garrett