abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: release schedule
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:36:54 GMT
> It may sound a bit self-serving in that I wrote most of the code, but
> the current implementation could be snapshot'd for a first milestone
> fairly easily given a bit more work on the docs, samples, and test cases.
>
> I'm not quite certain how the milestone process works yet, tho.
> Garrett/Paul, can you advise?

Well, generally speaking the release process works like this:

1) The project needs to determine what the actual goals of a given release are.

2) Once that happens, we scramble around making sure all the Is are
dottend and Ts are crossed with regard to legal stuff and all that
jazz.

3) Then, when we've hit the goals for that first milestone, someone
rolls a release (makes a tag in Subversion, creates the release
tarballs/zips, etc) and puts it up someplace people can get at it.

4) The project votes whether or not to let the release out into the wild.

5) Assuming the project decides everything is cool, we get the
incubator PMC to vote on the release.  If they accept it, then we
actually roll it out for users.

So, the first step for us is to figure out what the actual goals for
our first release are.

-garrett