abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Patch Attribution (was Re: svn commit: r415214 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: build/build.xml core/src/test/java/org/apache/abdera/test/core/TestSuite.java parser/src/test/java/org/apache/abdera/test/parser/stax/TestSuite.java)
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:36:31 GMT
On 6/18/06, jmsnell@apache.org <jmsnell@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jmsnell
> Date: Sun Jun 18 16:28:37 2006
> New Revision: 415214

> Log:
> Get the tests running via ant.
>
> * build/build.xml
>  Add new properties, parser.test.java and parser.test.resources.
>  (test): Run new test suites.
>  (build): Copy test resources from the correct location.
>
> * core/src/test/java/org/apache/abdera/test/core/TestSuite.java: New suite.
>
> * parser/src/test/java/org/apache/abdera/test/parser/stax/TestSuite.java: Ditto.

Oops, one more thing I should have mentioned.  When you apply a patch
from someone else, you should use their log message (unless it's
incomplete, of course), but you should still add a line that indicates
who you got the patch from.

In this case, for example, I would have added something like:

Submitted by: Garrett Rooney <rooneg electricjellyfish.net>

This is important because later on it allows you to use the commit
logs as a resource when evaluating someone's contributions, say when
you're trying to decide if you should give them commit access.

Thanks for applying the patch though!  More to follow once I get them
cleaned up and ready to go.

-garrett