abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Code status
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:25:05 GMT
> New code drop available:
>
> http://www.snellspace.com/public/abdera.tar.gz
>
> Quite a few changes, not the least of which is a change to the new
> org.apache.abdera.* package.

Great!

One thing I noticed is that the ASF license block doesn't appear in
all the files (TextFilter.java is the one that I happened to notice it
missing from).  Also, is there a reason there's a space before
'contributor' on the second line of the license blocks?  Looks a bit
weird.

> Also included is the beginnings of a project website.  Please take a
> look and critique.

The site looks good to me, although your disclaimer about the project
being under incubation isn't quite the same as the one the incubator
docs say we should have:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Branding

You also might want to work the Incubator Logo into the web site, for
an example of how others have done this see the
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/ web site.  Using it in place of
the ASF logo you've currently got would look reasonably good.

> The changed content filtering / parse filter optimization code is also
> included.

Nice, thanks for posting a new snapshot.  Hopefully we can get this
into svn soon.

-garrett