abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Graceful handling of non-atom 1.0 feeds
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:33:00 GMT
In my experiements with pulling titles out of atom feeds last night, I
inadvertently pointed my PrintTitles program at some atom 0.3 feeds.
The results were, well, explosive.

Now I'm not saying we should parse those feeds, we should really
restrict oursives to atom 1.0, but it might be nice if we at least
recognize them when we encounter them, so we can throw something more
informative than a ClassCastException (the usual result) or
NullPointerException (if you've got a ParseFilter set up).

-garrett