abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Initial Repository Layout
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:09:24 GMT

> It depends on whether or not you want all of the stuff that Maven site
> generation gives you free. I like the fact that, with about one line per
> plugin, I can get unit test reports, Javadocs, Checkstyle, PMD, FindBugs,
> code coverage, cross-ref, developer and file activity, change logs, and much
> more. I can also see at a glance where to find the mailing lists, the source
> code, the issue tracking system, and the project's dependencies. I can enter
> my FAQs in a simple Q&A format and have Maven generate a TOC with all the
> right links. And anyone who's ever seen a Maven-generated site before will
> know exactly where to find all those things.

All of which are totally specific to a Java implementation, and are
meaningless to anything else....

And all of which seem to assume that you totally live and breath with
maven, which I personally don't like.  A simple ant buildfile for
building seems like more than enough to me.  There's no reason that
the build system needs to encompass every aspect of the project.

-garrett