abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Initial Repository Layout
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:45:36 GMT
> That layout works for me.  It's very close to what I already have in the
> image I'm preparing to check in.
>
> Question: should we have contrib and sandbox folders in there at the
> same level as trunk/tags/branches?  I'd personally prefer to keep those
> things separate from the main code.

I'd say that's a bridge we can cross when we come to it.  Personally,
I agree that sandbox (in the sense of a place to hack around on new
related code, not a place to make a copy of existing code for
experimental changes, that would just be a regular old experimental
branch) should be separate, but I don't have a strong opinion on
contrib.  Regardless, since we currently lack both contrib code and
work that needs to be done in a sandbox, it seems like a fine decision
to put off.

> Also, I've just been working on some simple static HTML pages for the
> project website (I've yet to actually see any time and energy savings
> from XML-to-(X)HTML processes.  Of course, I can always do the
> xdoc/maven thing if y'all prefer that instead.

Static HTML is fine IMO, personally, I don't like maven generated
sites, they all look the same, and generally feel kind of clunky to
me.  The anakia based sites that a number of ASF projects use (the
incubator, apr, probably others, but those are the ones I know of off
the top of my head) are nice enough, but personally I like static
HTML.  A nice stylesheet can give you plenty of consistency across
pages, and it's easier for people to dive in and make changes to
regular old HTML anyway.

-garrett