abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Initial Repository Layout
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:20:12 GMT
Before we check the initial code drop into Subversion, we should
probably talk a little bit about how the repository should be laid
out.

A few questions come to mind:

1) Should the website live with the code, or separate from it?

2) Should we just start off with what we have sitting in trunk/ or
should we assume we will have other language implementations
eventually, and start out with java/trunk instead?

Personally, I'm leaning towards something like this:

  abdera/
    java/
      trunk/
        *current code goes here*
      tags/
      branches
    site/
      trunk/
        *initial website goes here*
      tags/
      branches/

This leaves room for other languages later without having to rearrange
things, and makes it easy to make tags/branches of one part of the
tree without having to worry about the rest (say we want to release
the java stuff, but not the fledgling C implementation).

It does mean that people will need a separate checkout for the
website, but I don't think that's an overly huge problem...

Comments?

-garrett