abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Sayre" <say...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XHTML Content
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:05:02 GMT
James M. Snell wrote:
> The spec also says that applications can use the div to aid in
> displaying the content.

The spec says no such thing, and that's a bogus reading. It looks like
the text should have been still more mealy and tortured, but the
"markup" in question is the XHTML content... as in you can strip
whatever you want or use only some of it.

> What I would prefer is that abdera simply
> treat the div as content and let the application using abdera do the
> right thing with it.

Um, no. There are several good reasons that div is not part of the
content, but they all add up to preventing the "telescoping div"
phenomenon.

If you need help understanding how this should work, see the Mozilla
implementation:
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/toolkit/components/feeds/src/FeedProcessor.js#1002

have a nice day and don't break Atom,

--