abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>
Subject Re: svn commit: r417652 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk/parser/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/parser/stax: FOMContent.java FOMDiv.java
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 04:03:17 GMT
I really appreciate that James is very open to suggestions and reacts
quickly to people's comments, but I think we need to work more on the
voting process/discussion of changes before we commit them.

Let me tell you my needs and hopefully we can see why we need to think
about this change a bit more.

I'm working on converting Atom to RDF. This work is mostly about
defining a data model for Atom not just another representation format.
It was very enlightening to learn about the extra div element in the
spec, because it allows us to shove xml:base and xml:lang into it
without having to touch the actual content of the entry. Therefore, a
setContent that automatically adds the wrapper div actually doesn't work
for me, because I need to be able to manipulate the div before setting
it. It might be the case that there are work-arounds or my problem is a
non-issue, but in general I think we need to have more discussion around
our implementation changes and votes  before making fundamental changes
like this one.

Just my 2 cents.

-Elias

jmsnell@apache.org wrote:
> Author: jmsnell
> Date: Tue Jun 27 20:08:03 2006
> New Revision: 417652

> Log:
>
>  Content.getValue() with type="xhtml" ... now returns the serialized string without the
wrapper div
>  Content.setValue() with type="xhtml" ... now automatically adds the wrapper div (regardless
of whether or not the value param already has a div